Male Chastity Devices – The What and the Why
Male chastity devices are sex toys that prevent a male (or non-male identifying individuals that possess a penis) from gaining a full and useful erection. Why stop the erection? Well, there are about a million reasons – all of them being personal to the individual. Essentially though, it boils down to ruining or denying orgasm. Which, even though it sounds insane, can actually super fun and extremely kinky (at least if you want it that way). The draw for denying and ruining orgasm – is that over time – you will build up in desire for even the lightest touch, the most gentle caress, and once released from your chastity cage – are allowed to experience the hottest, longest-lasting orgasm possible.
Chastity devices for males are available in two very different styles. Both are aimed at the same goals, just with different approaches in style and security.
One style is similar to the female chastity belt, with straps that secure the chastity device around your body. This style of the male chastity device isn’t often used however, as these need to be customized for the best and most secure fit. They do feature a bit more security when you opt for the higher end brands – but this style also inhibits normal, daily-life movement and can be unwieldy for those outings into public (you’ll end up with a not-so-secret secret). These can be easily fitted with additional attachments – which can be a huge plus for those of you out there who desire the addition of butt plugs or other stimulators for fun or punishment.
The other style is a far more modernized version and is commonly known as a chastity cage or a cock cage. These are far more focused toys, as they are literally locked onto your cock and balls, rather than locked around your body. This very popular style features some sort of base ring that slips around the entirety of your glorious package, and is capped with an easily attached tube to hold your sausage securely in the downward position. Some brands even offer extra small sizings to cater to the size humiliation crowd.
Since the aim of the chastity device is to prevent erection, no matter which style you choose – your cock will essentially be off limits for both personal and assisted play time unless unlocked from the cock cage or other chastity device. Often, the owner of the newly locked cock will hand over the key to someone to ensure that they stick to the plan. This person can be a close friend that is supportive of your personal choices, or a strongly trusted lover or other well trusted play partner (i.e. Masters/Mistresses). This individual becomes your ‘keyholder’ and this can be a huge part of your relationship dynamic if you choose.
Check out our recommendations below and then keep scrolling for more helpful tips – including measuring, fitting, and more tips and tricks for using that new cock cage you have your eye on!
How Can I Use a Chastity Device?
- Maybe you simply don’t want to have sex, or possibly you want to train yourself to stop jerking off so much by making your dick inaccessible. Either way, you can use a cock cage or other chastity device to ensure that you meet your abstinence goals. Some users describe how they felt more productive and invested in those around them after denying arousal over a period of time.
- Maybe instead, you like the idea of achieving a huge orgasm all on your own after a few days of self-denial. Or you think it’s super sexy to wear your cage in secret while out and about in your daily life. There isn’t quite anything else like feeling that extra weight in your pants, wondering if anyone else notices if your bulge seems a little bigger (or noisier – lock styles are important) that day or not. Many styles are inconspicuous and quiet, so if you like that idea – invest in the hidden lock styles. Padlocked versions can be more difficult to hide, but it depends on your preferences
- Domination Dynamics
- Have a Mistress or a Master that has been looking for new ways to punish you? Chastity devices are one of the many tools of the BDSM trade and can be easily incorporated into tie/tease/deny/ruin play sessions and into domination/submission dynamics as well. Mistress or Master didn’t get enough attention or good enough behavior last session? You’ll quickly learn to please them in every way possible after they tease you to the very edge of orgasm and your cage stops your cock in its tracks – leaving you throbbing and dribbling. A far cry from the rock-hard rocket shot orgasm you really want, isn’t it? Be good and maybe Mistress or Master will make it all better.
- Feel like you don’t deserve to be a man anymore? Extra-small versions (best after first using a normally fitted cage) are available to turn your tiny dick into a caged clitty. Whether for your own personal pleasure or to please your Master as a good little sissy maid – cock cages are for you!
- Maybe you like being told just how tiny your dick is. What better way to remind yourself and your partner just how tiny you are by using a cock cage to show off how tiny and useless it is? You can take it the extra mile and invest in an additional extra small cage when you really want to be humiliated and shamed.
You are basically only limited by your own imagination and your comfort levels. If something interests you, don’t be afraid to talk to your partner about it. Who knows, maybe they’ve wanted to try it but never thought you’d be interested! You’ll never know until you take that first step. If it isn’t agreeable to all parties involved, it shouldn’t happen though. The key ingredients to a fun and kinky lifestyle are maintaining a safe, sane, and consensual environment for everyone! So communicate openly and honestly at all times to ensure that you’re all on the same page with preferences and limits.
Okay, I Want a Cock Cage! Where Do I Start?
Step 1 – You will want to begin by measuring yourself for the base locking ring that goes around both the penis and the testicles. For those who want a more accurate method than simply using a tape measure or tailor’s tape (quick and dirty measurements can mean wasted investments when your cage comes in the wrong size), it can be advisable to go to your local sex shop (or even a hardware store) to purchase a selection of hard and smooth plastic or metal rings in a variety of diameter size selections beginning around 2 – 2 ½ inches in diameter and reducing in size by a quarter inch in each ring down to the smallest size you think you can fit both your cock and your sack into. Take these home and try the largest ring on (yup, squeeze those puppies in there) and then go about your day for a while. Take note of how things are feeling – too loose or too snug – and watch out for any ACTUAL color changes in your bits. The phrase ‘blue balls’ is just that… a phrase – it’s definitely not ever meant to be a literal change in color – and if you do change color… it definitely means you should seek medical attention after removing the ring (if you can). When you find a fit that feels right, you’ll know it. Take note of it for your order!
Step 2 – Measuring for the cage length is a bit easier, if somewhat repetitive. Now you can pull out your measuring tape or ruler and size your flaccid (all the way soft) penis. Do this at different points over the day – sizes can vary depending on emotion and temperature. You’ll want to take note of each measurement and then average those out at the end of the day. Once you’ve done that, subtract either a quarter inch or a half inch from the total and you now have your cage length measurement!
Once you have your cock cage you’ll want to take good care of it so that it lasts a long time and serves your every need as long as possible. All cock cages, no matter what style (stacked rings, solid casing, etc) will need to be cleaned often. No one likes sweaty dick scent, nor do you want to risk infecting your family jewels. It’s just common sense. While you can do some cleaning of your goods while they’re locked up in the cage – it’s necessary to remove the cage every three to four days (at MAX) to give it a full cleanse, rinse, and dry before replacing it. If you or your Mistress/Master aren’t fond of the idea that you’ll be free to play until it’s ready to go again, invest in a second cage to switch out with to ensure that you are playing by the rules you wanted.
One final note: Keep your keys to your cock cage in known and safe locations! You or your Mistress or Master (or other Keyholder) may carry one key – for teasing and tantalizing purposes of course – as well as that visual reminder that you’re under lock and key and that you have no control. However, you NEED to have a secondary key that can act as a backup in the case that the main key is lost/stolen/disappeared in some other fashion or is generally unavailable for use at that precise moment (better known as ‘life gets crazy inconvenient sometimes’)
As always keep it safe and sane!